At Tanvas, our mission is to make your interactions with touchscreens more interesting, more natural, and more engaging. We have developed a novel “haptic” touchscreen technology that not only tracks the fingertips, but controls what they feel: textures, edges, collisions, and even the illusion of shape on a featureless glass panel. Tanvas is based in downtown Chicago's easy-access west loop neighborhood. If you’re looking for a vibrant, small company whose culture is one of open debate, continual learning, independent work and peer-to-peer accountability, we are the right choice for your next career move.
The Role: We are recruiting candidates for the position of Director of Finance, reporting to the CEO. The Director of Finance will provide oversight of all finance, accounting and other operational activities including HR, and will function as a member of the executive team. Candidates must have strong working knowledge in general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and income tax. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record in establishing finance and accounting systems and procedures in a start-up environment, preferably in the technology sector.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and direct finance, accounting, invoicing, cost of goods sold, material tracking, audit, and supplier management systems and procedures to support company growth. Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to support critical finance and operational needs.
- Review financial controls, policies and procedures, and implement enhancements to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s operations.
- Direct and coordinate all financial planning and budget management functions
- Manage the preparation and analysis of accurate and timely financial reports, strategic forecasts, cost trends, KPI’s, metrics dashboards, and investor reporting.
- Establish required audit procedures, including selection of an external auditor.
- Provide accurate and timely processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Establish and oversee procurement procedures, including evaluation of large vendor contracts.
- Provide oversight to HR systems and processes including but not limited to payroll, insurance, 401K, compensation, benefits, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance or Accounting required; Masters preferred
- CPA required + 5 years’ experience in finance and general accounting
- Experience establishing the finance function in a start -up environment, preferably in the high tech sector.
- Successful track record in managing audit processes and working with external auditors.
- Strong reputation for leadership and team development, and proven ability to work at all levels to influence decision-making.
Benefits: Full time Tanvas employees are eligible for paid vacation, full health and dental coverage and other benefits including H.S.A., commuter benefit plan, and 401K.
The Next Step: We’d love to hear from you! Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tanvas is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying